Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Whewww? or is it?

OK...so the market shot back up in the largest one day gain ever on Wall Street. Whew....I can hear the sighs of relief all over the world. I don't want to sound like a sour puss but, haven't we been here before? UPDATE...since it took me an extra day to write this...NEWSFLASH ... the DOW JONES lost 733 points today. So, just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water... Here was the point I was going to make: "Some trust in chariots, others in horses" BUT WHO OR WHAT DO YOU PUT YOUR TRUST IN?

It's the question I left you with in my last entry. It's being asked a lot but I think it's a legitimate question. We have experienced an historically precipitous drop...that is, the market has been in a free fall (offset by one really good day). For those of us who have placed our lives in the hands of someone who actually knows tomorrow these days of "bad news" shouldn't really be bad. But, for those who have placed all of their eggs in this earthly basket...time to reconsider that choice.

Funny thing is that if the market goes back up tomorrow and the next day, our tendency will be to say, "Whew, I'm glad that's over". But, some day we will all have to face the reality of what the Bible talks about when it says that the things of this earth will be riddled with rust, eaten by moths and generally found to be wanting when all is said and done. So, have you misplaced your trust? Do the times bring you fear? I'll leave you with another question, "Whose your Daddy?"

No comments: