Friday, November 21, 2008

Who Did That?

I really don't understand or comprehend God. Ok...stating the obvious doesn't make something worth writing. But, as I read a passage in the book of Jeremiah and just took a few minutes to try and wrap my punie little mind around our vast, majestic, unexplainable God I was humbly reminded that it's not up to me to try to understand God. It's up to me to understand and know that HE IS God. Wow...that brings a lot more relief as I enter the day that the world and it's issues don't rest on my ability to solve them. Rather, I place my trust today in the One who created all things and planned them for His glory and my good from before time began.


"It is he who made the earth by his power,
who established the world by his wisdom,
and by his understanding stretched out the heavens.
(ESV, Je 10:12)

So, what about you? What things are you trying to accomplish or solve by yourself? What worries do you take into the day that you really have no ability at all to resolve? Maybe it's time to take a few minutes, read the verse above and exhale. Breath. It's not up to you. It's not about you. Play your part today. Give up the mantle of self determination and play to the Author of life, love and liberty. "Choose you this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we choose life"

No comments: